Govrnment of India approved the key changes to accord priority to locally made equipment and fund private-sector R&D the objective of the new Defence Procurement Procedure is to ensure expeditious procurement of the approved requirements.
The Policy will come into effect from April 1, 2016.The DPP, which will have provisions to fast-track acquisition of critically-needed equipment’s, will be unveiled at the Defence Expo on March 28. The new DPP that will introduce measures to promote indigenization and self-reliance in defence will be unveiled at the Defexpo India 2016, a biennial show of military and security. The government will come with the update in Ordnance Factory Board and Defence Procurement Manuals in two months.
- Now IDDM would be the top category, to encourage defence industry to shift from licensed manufacture into the high-tech realm of designing and developing defence equipment. To qualify for this category, at least 40 per cent of a product would have to be manufactured in India.
- The President of India is the Supreme Commander of the Armed Forces of the country.
- The Armed Forces including Indian Army, Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Coast Guard under the Defence Ministry are primarily responsible for ensuring the territorial integrity of the nation.
- Union Defence Minister is ManoharParrikar
- Defence Minister of state is Rao InderjitSingh
So lets do:
- Who is the Defence minister of India?
- Who is the Defence Minister of state?
Source – The Economics Times