The government of India has merged ‘Rajiv Gandhi Khel Abhiyan Yojana’, ‘Urban Sports Infrastructure Scheme (USIS)’ and ‘National Sports Talent Search Scheme (NSTSS)’ with ‘Khelo India’.
The Rajiv Gandhi Khel Abhiyan, a centrally sponsored scheme was replacement of Panchayat Yuva Krida aur Khel Abhiyan (PYKKA). The scheme was renamed after former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi during Congress-led UPA government and was launched by Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi who is son of Rajiv Gandhi in February 2014.
Rs 9,000 crore RGKA was to construct sports complexes in each block of the country, both for outdoor and indoor sports disciplines, over a period of five years (by 2020). However as Congress lost power, the successive government has after deliberation decided to merge the scheme with ‘Khelo India’.
According to Union Sports Minister Shri Sarbanand Sonowal that the decision has nothing to do with politics. The decision has been taken to create competitive environment.The government in centre has allocated Rs 140 crore for the financial year 2016-17 for Khelo India which is based on Gujarat’s ‘Khel Mahakumbh’ sports festival.
1. Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports – Sarbananda Sonowal
2. Urban Sports Infrastructure Scheme (USIS)
3. National Sports Talent Search Scheme (NSTSS)
4. Panchayat Yuva Krida aur Khel Abhiyan (PYKKA)
So lets do:
1. Expand the USIS,NSTSS and PYKKA?
2. GOI has merged ‘Rajiv Gandhi Khel Abhiyan Yojana’,(USIS)’ and (NSTSS)’ with which scheme?
3. Who is the Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports?
Source – The Economic times