To improve air connectivity, government plans to develop 25 regional airports. Government is looking to develop 15 airstrips owned by the state governments and 10 that are with the Airports Authority of India (AAI).
There are around 160 airstrips that are lying unused, he said while talking about the steps taken by the government for infrastructure development in the country. According to the Union minister Arun Jaitley AAI would be able to fund itself from the money coming from Delhi and Mumbai airports.
Airports Authority of India:
The Airports Authority of India (AAI) under the Ministry of Civil Aviation is responsible for creating, upgrading, maintaining and managing civil aviation infrastructure in India. It provides Air traffic management (ATM) services over Indian airspace and adjoining oceanic areas. It also manages a total of 125Airports.
- The government has been working on ways to bolster aviation sector, especially increasing regional connectivity amid rising number of air passengers.
- In the draft civil aviation policy, which is in the advanced stages of finalisation, various measures have been mooted for boosting regional air connectivity.
- Ministry of Civil Aviation – Ashok Gajapathi Raju
- Union Finance Minister – Arun Jaitley
So lets do:
- Who is the Minister of Civil Aviation?
- Who is the Finance minister of India?
Source – The Hindu