To promote the Swachh Bharat Mission, Union Urban development Minister Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated ‘Namma Toilet’ in the national capital Delhi. This is a step in the direction of fulfilling the mission’s target to establish over 2.5 lakh public toilets by 2nd October 2017.
Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is contributing in a major way to ensure hygiene and cleanliness to all in the country, public toilets are being built across the country. The mission targets to establish 2 lakh 56 thousand public toilets by 2nd October 2017.
Across Delhi Namma toilets were inaugurated at 19 other places by the local municipal councillors. These toilets are being built under corporate social responsibility by NBCC. People were enthusiastic to see these innovative toilets. It is designed to withstand the extreme harsh conditions one can expect outdoors in our country and the high usage.
- Namma model was evolved on the idea of APJ Abdul Kalam, who had suggested this based on composite materials when he was Principal Scientific Advisor to former Prime Minister A B Vajpayee in 1998.
- These toilets are Modular and have been designed to eradicate open defecation, keeping in mind the requirements of Indian society.
- Union Urban development Minister – Venkaiah Naidu
So lets do:
1. Govt. inaugurates ‘Namma Toilet’ in Delhi under ________.
2. Who is the Urban Development Minister ?
Source – The Hindu