Prime minister Narendra Modi’s government launched the Swachh Bharat campaign in October, 2014. Since then various initiatives have been taken by the government to improve the cleanliness of the nation.
As a part of it, the fund for Swachh Bharat Khosh is mobilized with 370 crores by the government. This fund is created to support the various cleanliness programmes across the nation. In Budget 2016 – Swachh Bharat Abhiyan gets Rs 9,000 crore.
- Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is a national campaign by the Government of India, covering 4,041 statutory cities and towns, to clean the streets, roads and infrastructure of the country.
- The campaign was officially launched on 2 October 2014 at Rajghat, New Delhi, where Prime Minister Narendra Modi himself cleaned the road.
- Swachh Bharat Abhiyan program plans to construct 12 crore toilets in rural India by October 2019, at a projected cost of Rs 1.96 lakh crore (US$29 billion). Prime Minister Narendra Modi spoke of the need for toilets in his 2014 Independence Day speech stating.
So lets do:
- Swachh bharat Abhiyaan started from which year?
- How much amoubt Government planned to mobilesed in Swachh Bharat kosh?