The Uttar Pradesh government has directed all the district magistrates for plantation of 5 cr. trees at 6,500 sites in 24 hours on a date fixed in month of July under the ‘Green UP – Clean UP’ programme.
State Chief Secretary Alok Ranjan notified to DMs that the coding of plantation sites should be done according to IGRS based coding of NIC. All online data of plantation sites should be prepared with the cooperation of National Informatics Centre (NIC) to ensure effective district-wise monitoring. Control room for this project would be set up at district level by District tree-plantation committees for efficient execution of the programme, it would be monitored by Zonal Forest Officer.
About National Informatics Centre:
National Informatics Centre (NIC) was established in 1976, and has since emerged as a “prime builder” of e-Government / e-Governance applications up to the grassroots level as well as a promoter of digital opportunities for sustainable development. NIC, through its ICT Network, “NICNET”, has institutional linkages with all the Ministries /Departments of the Central Government, 36 State Governments/ Union Territories, and about 688 District administrations of India.
1. A control room would be set up at district level by District tree-plantation committees for efficient execution of the programme, it would be monitored by Zonal Forest Officer.
2. Uttar Pradesh Governor – Ram Naik
3. Minister of Communications and Information Technology – Ravi Shankar Prasad
So lets do:
1. Recently which state announced to start plantation programme in July?
2. Expand the NIC?
3. Who is the Governor of Uttar Pradesh?
4. Who is the Minister of Communications and Information Technology?
Source – The Hindu