As per the study of industry lobby ASSOCHAM has said Gujarat and Maharashtra account for 46% of the country’s merchandise exports. The share of the top five — including the next three best-performing States: Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh — is over 69 per cent of India’s entire export earnings, the study said. This finding is based on the analysis of data between 2007-08 and 2014-15.
Maharashtra became the best-performing State by shipping goods worth $72.83 billion in 2014-15. In the same period, Gujarat exported products worth $ 59.58 billion while Tamil Nadu was the third largest sourcing State with exports worth $27.47 billion.
ASSOCHAM initiated its endeavour of value creation for Indian industry in 1920. Having in its fold more than 400 Chambers and Trade Associations, and serving more than 4,50,000 members from all over India. It has witnessed upswings as well as upheavals of Indian Economy, and contributed significantly by playing a catalytic role in shaping up the Trade, Commerce and Industrial environment of the country.
- Gujarat and Maharashtra have traditionally been dominating the export business because of their locational advantage in terms of coastline, their growth rate has not been as good as those of Uttar Pradesh and Haryana which are doing a lot of catching up despite being land-locked.
- ASSOCHAM President Mr. Sunil Kanoria
- The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM)
So lets do:
- Who is the President of ASSOCHAM?
- Expand the ASSOCHAM?
- Gujarat, Maharashtra contribute ____ to India’s exports.
Source The Hindu