Haryana Government has launched a new scheme ‘Adapting Homes for the Differently-abled’, under which pension of 6 months would be given in advance to such persons for adapting their homes as per their requirement.
The grant for diet money to hearing impaired has been increased from Rs 400 to Rs 1,000 per month. Similarly, the grant for the visually-impaired children has also been increased from Rs 600 to Rs 1,600 per month.
Social Justice and Empowerment Minister Kavita Jain here said this amount would be recovered over a period of 42 months under the ‘Adapting homes for the differently-abled’ scheme. Haryana has been selected by the Centre as a pilot state for universal ID for persons with disability, for which work has already been started.
- Gurgaon and Faridabad districts have been selected for the ‘Accessible India’ campaign for persons with disabilities.All municipal bodies have also been directed to take up the campaign.
- The Minister said the grant for diet money to children with hearing impairment has been increased from Rs 400 to Rs 1,000 per month. Similarly, the grant for the visually-impaired children has been increased from Rs 600 to Rs 1,600 per month.
- Haryana Governor – Kaptan Singh Solanki
- Cheif Minister of Haryana – Manohar Lal Khattar
So lets do:
- Who is the Governor of Haryana?
- Which state recently launched scheme for the differently-abled?
Source – The Hindu