Aditya Puri, the Managing Director of HDFC Bank, is the only Indian on Fortune’s ‘Businessperson of the Year’ list. The Businessperson of the Year list is an annual ranking of world’s top 20 heads of companies.
At the 18th position, Aditya Puri is the only head of an Indian company on the list.
Top 5 Businesspersons in the list are-
- Nvidia’s Mr. Jensen Huang,
- Global heavyweight’s Mr. Jamie Dimon,
- Salesforce’s Mr. Marc Benioff,
- Amazon’s Mr. Jeff Bezos, and
- Ulta Beauty’s Ms. Mary Dillion.
Aditya Puri, (Managing Director of HDFC Bank)- only Indian on Fortune’s ‘Businessperson of the Year’ list- topped by Nvidia’s Mr. Jensen Huang.
Static/Current Takeaways Important for IBPS PO Mains 2017 Exam-
- HDFC Bank- India’s largest private bank by market capitalization
- Reserve Bank of India labeled HDFC Bank as ‘domestic systematically important bank’—in other words, ‘too big to fail’.
- Mr. Puri has been the Managing Director of HDFC Bank since its inception in 1994.
Source- The Fortune