Prime minister has constituted a high powered committee of chief ministers for transforming Indian agriculture and raising farmers’ income.
Maharashtra chief minister will be the convenor of the committee. The committee has been asked to submit its report within two months.
The other members of the committee include:
- H.D. Kumaraswamy, Chief Minister, Karnataka
- Manohar Lal Khattar, Chief Minister, Haryana
- Pema Khandu, Chief Minster, Arunachal Pradesh
- Vijay Rupani, Chief Minster, Gujarat
- Yogi Adityanath, Chief Minister, Uttar Pradesh
- Kamal Nath, Chief Minister, Madhya Pradesh
- Narendra Singh Tomar, Minister, Agriculture Rural Development and Panchyati Raj.
- NITI Aayog member Ramesh Chand will be the member secretary of the committee.
Static/Current Takeaways Important For SBI PO/Clerk Mains:
- Chief Minister of Maharashtra : Devendra Fadnavis.
Source: The Live Mint