Department of heavy industry has granted in-principle approval to Himachal Road Transport Corporation (HRTC) and Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority (MMRDA) to introduce zero-emission retrofitted electric buses, under its flagship scheme FAME India (faster adoption and manufacturing of hybrid & electric vehicles in India). HRTC and MMRDA will roll out 25 electric buses each. Under FAME India, the department will fund up to 75 per cent cost of the buses.
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh, who also holds the finance portfolio, had mentioned in his Budget speech that Himachal Pradesh would be the first state in India to introduce zero-emission electric buses. The chief minister also announced exemption from token tax, registration charges and value-added tax on all electric vehicles for five years to promote eco-friendly transport services in the state.
- Flagship scheme was announced in April 2015 with a total capital outlay of Rs 795 crore in the first two financial years starting with the current year. With this, the government hopes to save Rs 60,000 crore annually on the country’s oil import bill by 2020.
- Himachal pradesh chief minister is Virbhadra Singh.
- Governor of Himachal pardesh: Acharya Devvrat
- Himachal Road Transport Corporation (HRTC).
So lets do:
- Who is the Chief minister of Himachal pardesh?
- Department of heavy industry granted in-principle approval to which state Road Transport Corporation for electric bus between himachl to mumbai?
- Who is the Governor of Himachal pardesh?
Source – The Hindu