India-born brothers G P Hinduja and S P Hinduja topped the ‘Asian Rich List 2016’ released here last night and the annual rankings showed that they had added one billion pounds to their personal fortune in a year to be worth an estimated 16.5 billion pounds.
The ‘Asian Rich List’ assesses the total wealth of Britain’s top 101 richest Asians and is compiled by UK-based publishing house Asian Media and Market. The Asian Rich List assesses the total wealth of Britain’s top 101 richest Asians and is compiled by UK-based publishing house Asian Media and Market.
Steel tycoon Lakshmi Niwas Mittal was ranked second in the list, released by the Indian high commissioner to the UK Navtej Sarna. The fortune of Mittal, however, has plummeted by 3.3 billion pounds to finish with 6.4 billion pounds. Leading NRI industrialist Lord Swraj Paul is listed as 15th richest with fortune worth 500 million pounds.
Sri Prakash Lohia, chairman of the Indorama Corporation, is listed 3rd richest with fortune worth 3 billion pounds. The Arora brothers — Simon, Bobby and Robin — owners of discount retail chain are 4th richest with a fortune worth 2.1 billion pounds.
- Hinduja company was founded in 1914 by Parmanand Deepchand Hinduja, who was from a Hindu family based in Sindh, India (now in Pakistan). Initially operating in Mumbai, India, he set up the company’s first international operation in Iran in 1919. The headquarters of the group moved to Iran where it remained until 1979, when the Islamic Revolution forced it to move to Europe.
- This year’s analysis showed that the UK’s richest Asians have their fortunes worth 55.54 billion pounds up from 54.48 billion pounds in 2015.
So lets do:
- which indian brother topped in the asian richest list fourth consecutive year?
- Where is the Headquater of Hinduja Group?
- Who is Indian high commissioner to the UK?
Source – The Hindu