Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has entered into a 4 year partnership with Hyundai Motor India Ltd (HMIL) as an associate sponsor for all international matches at home. Hyundai is a Korean car maker. As per the agreement, HMIL would be the official partner of BCCI for all formats like Test, One day & T20. Hyundai fleet of premium cars would be used for transporting various stakeholders of the game throughout the event and also promotional activities during tournaments, in-stadia car display and branding are some other key pointers of the deal
Besides title sponsor, BCCI has made 3 official associate sponsors and with the help of them the cricket body would get Rs 150 crore in the next 4 years. Recently, BCCI announced its association with beverage major PepsiCo as its first official associate sponsor for around 80 matches which would be played in four years. Mobile commerce platform Paytm is the official title sponsor of BCCI.
Y K Koo, the MD & CEO of HMIL said on the partnership that Hyundai is extremely proud to be the Official Partner of the BCCI for the next four years. Indians love their cricket, and they love their cars and that’s one of the reasons Hyundai has always been closely associated with a sport like cricket. We want to keep the excitement around Hyundai brand by engaging our customers at every point.
This partnership is a part of Hyundai’s efforts to expand its presence in global sporting activities like Cricket, Football, Golf and World Rally Championship across worldwide markets. Hyundai sees this cricket partnership as a core element of its strategy, playing a vital role in connecting global customers to our brand.
Extra Info :
- BCCI Chairman : Shashank Manohar
- In October last year Nissan entered into a similar partnership with the ICC. Nissan the Japanese auto giant is now the global sponsor of ICC.
- Hyundai was a multinational chaebol headquartered in Seoul, South Korea. It was founded by Chung Ju-yung in 1947 . Hyundai is currently the fourth largest vehicle manufacturer in the world.
So lets discuss some questions related to this article which can be asked in the upcoming exams :
1. Name the car maker company which has become the official partner of BCCI ?
2. Who is the MD & CEO of Hyundai ?
3. Expand the term BCCI ?
4. Name the Mobile commerce platform which has become the official title sponsor of BCCI recently ?
5. Name the chairman of BCCI ?
Courtesy : Business Standard