Indian Air Force Air Chief Marshal (ACM) Arup Raha announced while speaking on the occasion of the International Women’s Day.
Bhawna Kanth, Avani Chaturvedi, and Mohana Singh are likely to create history as India’s first women fighter pilots if they put on the wings and are inducted into the IAF fighter stream. Who among the three, or all of them, make the final cut depends on them clearing the advanced stage training.
The three women trainees have volunteered to join the fighter stream. “They are under the second phase of their training. Once they complete their training and are on par with their male colleagues and the passing out parade is scheduled on June 18.
- The Indian Air Force is the air arm of the Indian armed forces.
- It is the World’s 4th largest airforce.
- Its primary responsibility is to secure Indian airspace and to conduct aerial warfare during a conflict.
So lets do:
- Who is the Defense Minister Of India?
- Who is Indian Air Force Air Chief Marshal (ACM)?
Source – The hindu