In order to meet the challenge of providing sustainable livelihoods for a rapidly growing population and to motivate and attract youth in agriculture, Dr. Trilochan Mohapatra, Secretary (DARE) & Director General (ICAR), inaugurated a two-day conference at NASC, New Delhi on Motivating and Attracting Youth in Agriculture (MAYA).
The two-day conference provides an opportunity to all stakeholders to interact and discuss various options and avenues for not only attracting youth to agriculture but even motivating them towards entrepreneurship in agriculture and allied fields.
Who Organised the conference?
The conference has been organized by:
1. Trust for Advancement of Agricultural Sciences (TAAS),
2. Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR),
3. MS Swaminathan Research Foundation (MSSRF),
4. Asia-Pacific Association of Agricultural Research Institutions (APAARI),
5. Skill India, Agriculture Skill Council of India (ASCI),
6. Young Professionals for Agricultural Development (YPARD) and,
7. National Bank For Agriculture And Rural Development (NABARD).
Source- Press Information Bureau (PIB)