In a bid to benefit small farmers in India and globally, Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) and the International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics (ICRISAT) would work together on crop improvement and agronomy programmes for grain legumes and dryland cereals.
ICAR and ICRISAT, recently signed an agreement in New Delhi, in which climate-smart crops, smart food and digitalisation of breeding database were identified as some of the core areas of research.
Takeaways from above News-
- Full form of ICAR is Indian Council of Agricultural Research.
- ICAR is situated in New Delhi
- Full form of ICRISAT is International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics
- ICRISAT headquarter is in Patancheru, Telangana
- ICRISAT was founded in 1972
If you have any other takeaways, do share with us in the comment section
Source- The Hindu