As per the IIT-Kgp director Partha Pratim Chakraborty they have received a letter from the Union Ministry of Commerce and Industry saying the institute has been awarded the prize for ‘Top Academic Institute for Patents 2016’. The award will be given on April 26 in Delhi by Union minister Nirmala Sitharaman at a function jointly organised for the celebration of World IP Day by the Indian Intellectual Property office.
The IIT-Kharagpur has won an award the by the Indian government for being the top academic institute for patents in 2016.
The Indian Intellectual property office confers national intellectual property awards on outstanding innovators, organisations and companies in the fields of patents, designs, trademarks, and geographical indications on the occasion of World IP Day every year. The National IP Award carries an amount of Rs 1,00,000, a citation and a memento.
1. The Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur is a public engineering institution established by the government of India in 1951. It was the first of the IITs to be established, and is recognized as an Institute of National Importance by the government of India.
2. IIT-Kgp director – Partha Pratim Chakraborty
Indian Minister of Commerce and Industry – Nirmala Sitharaman
3. IIT-Kgp Chairman – Srikumar Banerjee
So lets do:
1. Who is the Minister of Commerce and Industry?
2. Who is the IIT-Kgp director?
3. ________ has won an award the by the Indian government for being the top academic institute for patents in 2016.
Source – The Hindu