The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given the following set of approvals. The important Cabinet Approvals are given as follows-
The Cabinet has approved-
1. The extension of tenure of the Commission constituted to examine the issue of Sub-categorization within Other Backward Classes in the Central List.
2. Agreement between India and Peru- aims to establish the basis for a cooperative institutional relationship to encourage and promote technical bilateral cooperation on new and renewable issues on the basis of mutual benefit equality and reciprocity.
3. MoU between India and Vietnam on Joint issue of the postage stamp.
4. Repositioning of North Eastern Council- the Union Home Minister will serve as ex-officio Chairman of North Eastern Council (NEC) and Minister of State (I/C), Ministry of DoNER would serve as Vice Chairman of the Council.
5. Proposal for Enactment of Dam Safety Bill, 2018- It will help all the States and Union Territories of India to adopt uniform dam safety procedures which shall ensure safety of dams and safeguard benefits from such dams.
6. MoU between the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) and Institut National de la Santeet de la RechercheMedicale (INSERM), France.
7. Proposal for withdrawal of Nalanda University (Amendment) Bill, 2013 pending in Rajya Sabha.
8. ‘Three Year Action Plan’ (2017-2020) of Agricultural Education Division & ICAR Institutes.
Source- Press Information Bureau (PIB)