The Cabinet has approved-
1. Extension of Concessional Financing Scheme (CFS) to support Indian Entities bidding for strategically important infrastructure projects abroad- Under the CFS, the Govt. of India has been supporting Indian Entities bidding for strategically important infrastructure projects abroad since 2015-16. Since the objectives of the Scheme continue to be relevant, it is proposed to extend the Scheme for another five years from 2018 to 2023.
2. Re-structuring of the Agricultural Scientists’ Recruitment Board (ASRB)– The ASRB will now be a 4 Member body instead of 3 Members. It will have a Chairperson and 3 Members. ASRB would be for a period of three years or till attainment of 65 years of age, whichever is earlier.
3. Raising of Extra Budgetary Resources (EBR) for Swachh Bharat Mission (Gramin) [SBM(G)] amounting up to Rs. 15,000 crore during the financial year 2018-19; and Expansion of scope of work of the erstwhile International Centre for Drinking Water Quality, to rename as National Centre for Drinking Water, Sanitation and Quality (NCDWS & Q) and to authorize it to work as a receptacle for receiving EBR for SBM(G).
4. Policy Framework for exploration and exploitation of Unconventional Hydrocarbons.
5. Grant of Interest-Free Loan equivalent to interest during construction component to fertilizer revival projects at Sindri, Gorakhpur and Barauni by Hindustan Urvarak and Rasayan Limited.
6. Issue of fresh equity to the extent of 15% of the paid-up equity capital by Hindustan Copper Limited.