The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given the following set of approvals. The important Cabinet Approvals are given as follows-
The Cabinet has approved-
- Extension of the term of the Commission to examine the issue of Sub-categorization of Other Backward Classes in the Central List till 31st May 2019.
2. Allied and Healthcare Professions Bill, 2018 for regulation and standardisation of education and services by allied and healthcare professionals.
3. Apprised of Agreement between India and Uzbekistan on Cooperation in the field of Science, Technology and Innovation.
4. MoU between India and Tajikistan on Cooperation on Youth Matters.
5. Apprised of the MoU between Atal Innovation Mission, India and Fund “Talent and Success”, Russia for the promotion of science & technology.
6. MoU with Mauritius on Consumer Protection and Legal Metrology.
7. Setting up of Medical College at Silvassa in the UT of Dadra and Nagar Haveli.
8. Commemoration of the 550th Birth Anniversary of Shri Guru Nanak Devji
9. Cabinet approves:
i) Implementation of the umbrella scheme “Atmosphere & Climate Research-Modelling Observing Systems & Services”;
ii) Sub-schemes to continue during 2017-20; and
iii) National Facility for Airborne Research(NFAR) to be set up.
Source- Press Information Bureau (PIB)