The Cabinet has approved-
1. Financial assistance to sugar mills for clearing cane dues of farmers: the approval has been given to provide financial assistance @ of Rs. 5.50 per quintal of cane crushed in sugar season 2017-18 to sugar mills to offset the cost of cane, in order to help sugar mills to clear cane dues of farmers.
2. Restructuring of Multi-sectoral Development Programme for its continuation during the remaining period of 14th Finance Commission as Pradhan Mantri Jan Vikas Karyakram.
3. Continuation of Umbrella Scheme ‘Green Revolution – Krishonnati Yojana’ in Agriculture Sector:
The approval has been given in agriculture sector beyond 12th Five Year Plan for the period from 2017-18 to 2019-20 with the Central Share of Rs. 33,269.976 crore.
4. Accession to the Protocol under WHO Framework Convention on tobacco control to eliminate illicit trade in tobacco products.
5. Doubling of Investment Limit for Senior Citizens from Rs. 7.5 lakh to Rs.15 lakh under Pradhan Mantri Vaya VandanYojana (PMVVY) – Enables upto Rs. 10000 Pension/month for Senior Citizens.
6. Mutual Recognition Agreement between the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India and the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants.