Union government has given it’s approval to various schemes related activities and Projects on 28th December 2016.
1. Cabinet Approves Ordinance to Penalize Person with Scrapped Notes Post March 31.
The Cabinet on December 28, approved promulgation of an ordinance to make possession of a large number of scrapped banknotes a penal offence beyond March 31, imposing a penalty and a possible jail term.
2. Cabinet Approves Road Connectivity Project for LWE Affected Areas
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on December 28, 2016, approved a Centrally Sponsored Scheme namely “Road Connectivity Project for Left Wing Extremism (LWE) Affected Areas” to improve the rural road connectivity in the worst LWE affected districts from security angle.
3. Centre gives ex post facto approval for ratification of ISA’s Framework Agreement
The Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi on December 28, gave its ex post facto approval to the proposal of Ministry of New & Renewable Energy for ratification of the International Solar Alliance’s (ISA) Framework Agreement by India.
4. Centre Gives Green Signal for Apex Corridor Development Body
The Centre has approved the re-designation of the Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor Project Implementation Trust Fund as National Industrial Corridor Development & Implementation Trust (NICDIT).
5. Centre Approves Rs 266 crore investment for Delhi under AMRUT
The Ministry of Urban Development has approved the Annual Action Plan of Delhi for 2016-17 under Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT) scheme. It has approved an investment of Rs 266 crore for improving water supply and sewerage networks.