India and Bangladesh entered into a new era of petroleum trade with a special goodwill train loaded with High Speed Diesel rolling down from India to Bangladesh.
The 42 wagon rail rake is loaded with around 2500 MT High Speed Diesel. It started off from Siliguri station to Parbatipur station over 516 kms. It is a symbolic gesture of friendship and cooperation that exists between India and BangladeshIndia and Bangladesh. This is the first major petroleum consignment from India. It is a part of the Sale-Purchase Agreement signed between NRL and Bangladesh Petroleum Corporation(BPC)
The agreement also includes joint initiative for construction of a 135 km long pipeline, with a capacity of 1 million Metric Ton per annum(MMTPA) from Siliguri to Parbatipur
Presently Bangladesh gets its imports from Chittagong port and the new agreement is cost effective for Bangladesh. The expansion of NRL refinery from 3 MMTPA to 9MMTPA will leave India enough stock to supply Bangladesh
- Minister of State for Petroleum and Natural Gas- Dharmendra Pradhan
- NRL- Numaligarh Refineries Limited(NRL)
- Minister of Power, Energy and Mineral resources, Government of Bangladesh– N.Hamid
- High Commissioner of India to Bangladesh– H V Shringla
So lets do:
- Who is the Minister of State for Petroleum and Natural Gas?
- Who is Minister of Power, Energy and Mineral resources of India?
Source – The Hindu