India-ASEAN business and investment conference held in New Delhi ahead of the landmark commemorative summit meeting on the 25th of January. In the conference, Commerce Minister Suresh Prabhu stresses enhanced connectivity via land to strengthen trade ties.
Silver jubilee of India-ASEAN partnership is being celebrated in New Delhi on the 25th January with an unprecedented summit meet.
About ASEAN in Brief-
- ASEAN is a grouping of 10 South-East Asian nations,
- It aims at boosting trade & economic development among member nations maintaining peace & stability in the region,
- India & ASEAN partnership began in 1992,
- ASEAN nations have invested $ 70 Billion in India since 2000,
- India has invested $ 40 Billion in ASEAN countries in the last 17 years.
Static/Current Takeaways Important for Syndicate Bank PO 2018 Exam-
- ASEAN Secretariat- Jakarta, Indonesia.
- The Secretary-General of ASEAN 2018 -2022 is H.E. Lim Jock Hoi.
Source- DD News