India distributed scholarships to over 800 Bangladeshi students under the ‘Muktijodha Scholarship Scheme’. The scholarships were distributed at the hands of Minister for Liberation War Affairs in the presence of Indian High Commissioner Harsh Vardhan Sringla.
The Indian Government in 2006 initiated the scholarship scheme to strengthen the historic legacy that both countries share in fighting and winning the 1971 Bangladesh Liberation War against Pakistan. Under the scheme, descendants of freedom fighters get selected on merit basis to pursue undergraduate studies. It is estimated that over 9500 students have been benefited from the scheme so far.
Over 9500 students have been benefited from the scheme so far. Under the scheme, more than 130 million takas have been distributed so far.
- Bangladesh, east of India on the Bay of Bengal, is South Asian country of lush greenery and many waterways. Its Padma (Ganges), Meghna and Jamuna rivers create fertile alluvial plains, and travel by boat is common. On the southern coast, the Sundarbans, an enormous mangrove forest shared with India, are home to the Royal Bengal tiger.
- prime minister of bangladesh Sheikh Hasina.
- Capital – Dhaka
- Currency- Taka
So lets do:
- Who is the Prime minister of bangladesh?
- India distributes scholarships to over 800 Bangladeshi students under which Scheme?
- Who is Indian Indian High Commissioner to Bangladdesh?
Source – The Hindu