India was also keen to set up a gas cracker unit and a liquefied petroleum gas extraction unit in Chabahar and ways of transporting gas to India from Iran including through a planned Iran-Pakistan-India pipeline were discussed. The two sides also discussed the award of rights to Indian firms to develop Farzad-B gas fields and the pending payments by Indian refiners towards Iran’s oil purchases.
India has offered to invest upto $20 billion in Iran announced by Dharmendra Pradhan Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas during his two day visit to Iran. This was the first visit by an Indian minister since the US and other western powers lifted sanctions against Iran in January.
1. Iran is an Islamic republic on the Persian (Arabian) Gulf with historical sites dating to the Persian Empire. Extensive marble ruins mark Persepolis, the empire’s capital founded by Darius I in the 6th century B.C. The modern capital, Tehran, is home to opulent Golestan Palace, seat of the Qajar Dynasty (1794–1925), plus modern landmarks such as the 435m-high Milad Tower.
2. Iran President – Hassan Rouhani
So lets do:
1. who is the President of Iran?
2. Who is the Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas?
3. Recently India announced to invest $20 billion in which country?
Source – The Hindu