An agreement for International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD) Credit of USD 39.2 Million from World Bank for the project ‘Assam Citizen Centric Service Delivery’ was signed recently. Loan agreement was signed by Shri Raj Kumar, Joint Secretary (MI), Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance on behalf of the Government of India and Mr. Hisham Abdo, Manager, Operations (India) on behalf of the World Bank.
The programme size is USD 49 million, of which USD 39.2 million will be financed by the Bank, and the remaining amount will be funded-out of State Budget. The programme duration is 5 years. The objective of the project is to improve access in the delivery of selected public services in Assam.
Static Takeaways for IBPS PO Exam-
- The World Bank was Formed in July 1944
- It is Headquartered in Washington, D.C., U.S.A.
- Present President of the World Bank is Jim Yong Kim
- The capital of Assam is Dispur
- Sarbananda Sonowal is the CM of Assam and its Governor is Banwarilal Purohit.
- Kaziranga National Park is situated in Assam
- Bihu is the famous folk Dance of Assam.
Source- Business Standard