India will give Rs 35 crore to children of freedom fighters in Bangladesh in the next five years under the new ‘Muktijodha scholarship’ scheme. India initiated the Muktijodha Scholarship Scheme in 2006 for descendants of the 1971 Freedom Fighters. Until now, more than 10,000 scholarships worth Tk150 million have been disbursed.
This year, scholarships have been awarded to 600 undergraduate students. Of them, 48 were from Chittagong.
Important Takeaways from above News for SBI PO Mains Exam-
- India to give Rs 35 crore to Bangladesh
- India to give Rs 35 crore to Bangladesh under ‘Muktijodha scholarship’ scheme.
- Muktijodha Scholarship Scheme in 2006 for descendants of the 1971 Freedom Fighters.
- Dhaka is the capital city of Bangladesh.
- Taka is the currency of Bangladesh.
- Sheikh Hasina Wazed is the current Prime Minister of Bangladesh.
- Md. Abdul Hamid is President of Bangladesh.
If you have any other takeaways, do share with us in the comment section
Source- Business Standard