- BRICS is the acronym for an association of five major emerging national economies: Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa. The grouping was originally known as “BRIC” before the inclusion of South Africa in 2011. The BRICS members are all developing or newly industrialised countries, but they are distinguished by their large, fast-growing economies and significant influence on regional and global affairs; all five are G-20 members. Since 2009, the BRICS nations have met annually at formal summits. Russia currently holds the chair of the BRICS group, and hosted the group’s seventh summit in July 2015.
- The 2016 BRICS summit will be the eighth annual BRICS summit, an international relations conference attended by the heads of state or heads of government of the five member states Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa. The summit will be held in Panaji, Goa in India, from 15th to 16th October 2016. India is to assume the chair of the BRICS from February 2016 to December 2016.
- Ministry of external affair have planned a series of events including – the BRICS Under-17 Football Tournament, BRICS Film Festival, BRICS Wellness Forum, BRICS Youth Forum, Young Diplomat’s Forum, BRICS Trade Fair, BRICS Friendship Cities Conclave besides the think-tank and academic forums.
- External Affairs Minister of India – Sushma Swaraj
- Governor of Goa is Mridula Sinha.
So lets do:
- Who is the External Affairs Minister of India?
- Who is the Governor of India?
- Where is 8th annual BRICS SUMMIT 2016 held in?
- How many member country in BRICS?