The Prime Minister Narendra Modi has signed seven agreements with Spain PM Mariano Rajoy to strengthen bilateral cooperation to fight against terrorism after the visit from Germany. The Prime Minister urged cooperation between India and Spain in fighting terrorism, as both the nations have faced the brunt of it. He stated that as both the countries are engaging in vigorous economic reform, there is immense scope for cooperation in infrastructure, railways and smart cities. Modi also added that the vision of New India will be enhanced through the New Momentum in relations between India and Spain.
- Agreement for Transfer of Sentence Persons
- MoU on Cooperation in Organ Transplantation
- MoU on Cooperation in Cyber Security
- MoU on Cooperation in Renewable Energy
- MoU on Technical Cooperation in Civil Aviation
- Agreement on visa waiver for holders of diplomatic passports
- MoU between Foreign Service Institute and Diplomatic Academy of Spain.
Static Takeaways for SBI PO Mains-
- PM of Spain is Mariano Rajoy and its Capital and Currency is Madrid and Euro
- Chancellor of Germany Angela Markel and its President is Frank-Walter Steinmeier.
Source- The Indian Express