An MoU in this regard was signed between India’s Ambassador toEgypt Sanjay Bhattacharyya on behalf of Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) and and Prof.
Abdel Wahab Ezzat, Acting President of ASU.
The Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR) was founded in 1950 by Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, independent India’s first Education Minister. Itsobjectives are to actively participate in the formulation and implementation of policies and programmes pertaining to India’s external cultural relations; to foster and strengthen cultural relations and mutual understanding between India and other countries; to promote cultural exchanges with other countries and people; and to develop relations with nations.
- The agreement also provides flexibility to appoint professors in otherdisciplines, as per the requirements of the university.
- Founded in 1950, ASU is the third largest Egyptian university. The prestigious university has 15 faculties in arts, sciences, management and technology, has two high institutes in Nursing and Medicine and hosts the Ain Shams Specialised Hospital.
- Indian Council for Cultural Relations (ICCR)
- ICCR president – Prof. Lokesh Chandra
- India’s Ambassador to Egypt Sanjay Bhattacharyya
- Egyptian Prime Minister – Sherif Ismail
So lets do:
- Who is the India’s Ambassador to Egypt?
- Who is the Prime Minister of Egypt?
Source – The Hindu