Indian Railways bagged 17 awards at the ‘National Energy Conservation Awards (NECA) 2018’ held in New Delhi.
- Under ‘transport‘ category, Indian Railways obtained 10 awards for the subsector railway station. Vidisha railway station in Madhya Pradesh won the first prize.
- Under ‘building‘ category, Indian Railways got three awards for subsector Railway hospitals. Railway hospitals of Izzatnagar division won the first prize.
- Under ‘institution‘ category, Indian Railways bagged four awards for subsector state PWD, CPWD and PHED. Passenger reservation system complex building of Secunderabad division won the first prize.
The awards are given by the Bureau of Energy Efficiency under the Ministry of Power to various institutions for adopting energy efficiency measures.
Source: The Business Standard
Static/Current Takeaways Important For IBPS Clerk Mains Exam 2018:
- John Mathai was the first railway minister of independent India.
- Mr. Piyush Goyal is the present railway minister of India.