Itihaasa is one of the largest chronicles of its kind with 600 videos featuring 44 technology stalwarts. Hear F.C. Kohli, Prof. Rajaraman, Prof. Mahabala, Narayana Murthy, Azim Premji, S. Ramadorai, Nandan Nilekani, N.Vittal and others trace this incredible journey from the installation of the country’s first modern computer in 1955 to crystal gazing on Indian IT in 2040.
2. Easy browsing with 12000 tags. Users can personalize stories on six dimensions-Time, People, Organization, Policy, Technical Terms and Place
3. Find answers to questions like – When was programming first taught in India? How did education in computer science evolve? How did India embark on a journey to manufacture computers and software? Who were the earliest IT entrepreneurs and much more
4. Discover the milestones of each decade and how it changed the Indian IT space forever
5. Conceptualized by Kris Gopalakrishnan as a mobile app to track business history using research-based interviews and supported by Krishnan Narayanan and Dr. N. Dayasindhu. Kris continues to be itihaasa’s patron
5. Available for free download on iOS and Android phones or tablets
6. The history of Indian IT is an ongoing research and will be updated periodically. The platform will explore and publish historical research on other topics in the future