International Human Solidarity Day is organized across the world on 20th December. The General Assembly, on 22 December 2005, by resolution 60/209 identified solidarity as one of the fundamental and universal values.
International Human Solidarity Day is:
- A day to celebrate our unity in diversity;
- A day to remind governments to respect their commitments to international agreements;
- A day to raise public awareness of the importance of solidarity;
- A day to encourage debate on the ways to promote solidarity for the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals including poverty eradication;
- A day of action to encourage new initiatives for poverty eradication.
Source: The United Nations