The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) created history by commissioning the world’s third largest hypersonic wind tunnel at the Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC) in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
A wind tunnel is used to study the effects of air flowing past a solid object—in ISRO’s case, space vehicles. ISRO chairman AS Kiran Kumar has also commissioned two facilities—a one-metre Hypersonic Wind Tunnel and a one-metre Shock Tunnel, recently.
Takeaways from above News-
- ISRO Commissioned third largest hypersonic wind tunnel
- ISRO full form is Indian Space Research Organization
- Vikram Sarabhai Space Centre (VSSC) is situated in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala
- ISRO chairman is Kiran Kumar
- ISRO headquarter is in Bengaluru, India
- ISRO was founded by Vikram Sarabhai in 1969
If you have any other takeaways, do share with us in the comment section
Source- The Indian Express