The United Nations Organization for Education, Science and Culture (UNESCO) has awarded its Peace Prize to Giuseppina Nicolini, the mayor of the Italian island of Lampedusa, for her commitment to saving the lives of migrants and refugees.
Since becoming Mayor in 2012, Nicolini has been an outspoken defender of refugee and migrant rights.
Takeaways from above News-
- The UNESCO has awarded its Peace Prize to Giuseppina Nicolini
- The United Nations Organization for Education, Science and Culture (UNESCO) was founded on 16 November 1945
- UNESCO has 195 Members and eight Associate Members
- IRINA BOKOVA is the Director-General of UNESCO
- UNESCO is Headquartered in Paris, France
If you have any other takeaways, do share with us in the comment section
Source- Business Standard