Lieutenant General N.P.S. Hira, who is presently posted as the Chief of Staff of the Indian Armys Northern Command at Udhampur in Jammu and Kashmir will take over as the Deputy Chief of Army Staff at the Army Headquarters in New Delhi to with effect fromMarch 14.
General N P S Hira has been the commander of Sikh Light Infantry and has wide experience in counter insurgency operations in J&K. He has commanded Assam battalion during high violence period and the team bagged 32 gallantry awards under his guidance. He has experience in North eastern states too. He commanded 10 Infantry Division in Jammu and Kashmir on the Line of Control with distinction for which he was awarded the Ati Vishisht Seva Medal.
- The Indian Army is the land-based branch and the largest component of the Indian Armed Forces. The President of India serves as Supreme Commander of the Indian Army, and it is commanded by the Chief of Army Staff, who is a four-star General.
- Army chief General Dalbir Singh
- Defence spokesman, Col S D Goswami.
so lets do:
- Who is the Defense Minister of India?
- Who is the India Army Chief?
Source – The Hindu