Italian Prime Minister Paolo Gentiloni is on the 2-day visit to India. This is the first visit by an Italian premier in 10 years. Romano Prodi was the last Italian Prime Minister to visit India in February 2007.
Here is the complete list of MoUs/Agreements signed between India and Italy during the visit of Prime Minister of Italy to India:
1. Joint Declaration of Intent of Cooperation for Safety in the Railway sector
2. MoU on 70 years of diplomatic relations between Indian Council of Cultural Relations and Ministry of Foreign Affairs & International Cooperation, Government of the Republic of Italy
3. MoU on cooperation In the field of Energy
4. Executive Protocol on Cultural Cooperation
5. MoU between the Training Unit of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation.
6. MoU for promoting mutual investments between Italian Trade Agency and Invest India
Important Takeaways from above News for IBPS PO Mains Exam-
- Rome is the capital of Italy.
- Euro is the currency of Italy.
Source- Press Information Bureau (PIB)