Suzuki Motor Corporation, the parent company of Maruti Suzuki, has launched the ‘Made in India’ Baleno in Japan.
Baleno, first exhibited at the Frankfurt Motor Show in Sept. 2015, was launched in India on 26th October 2016. Baleno is manufactured only in India at Maruti Suzuki’s Manesar facility in Haryana. Since its launch, Maruti Suzuki has sold over 38,000 units of Baleno cars in domestic market. Baleno will be exported in more than 100 countries.
On the occasion of launch ceremony held in Tokyo, Sujan R. Chinoy, Ambassador of India to Japan said: “Maruti Suzuki exports to over 125 countries including those in Europe, which is proof of their quality. The model being launched today, the Baleno is a car developed and manufactured in India through Suzuki’s excellence. It will be exported to 100 global markets including Japan. I am confident that the Baleno will prove to be a huge success in Japan.”
Make in India : Make in India is an initiative of the Government of India to encourage multi-national, as well as domestic, companies to manufacture their products in India. It was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 25 September 2014. India would emerge, after initiation of the programme in 2015, as the top destination globally for foreign direct investment, surpassing China as well as the United States.
- Maruti intends to export the India-made Baleno to 100 countries in the coming months.
- Maruti Suzuki India Limited, formerly known as Maruti Udyog Limited, is an automobile manufacturer in India. It is a subsidiary of Japanese automobile and motorcycle manufacturer Suzuki Motor Corporation.
- CEO: Kenichi Ayukawa.
- Founded: 1982, Gurgaon.
So lets do:
- Who is the CEO of Maruti Suzuki India Limited?
- What you understand by make in india?
- Who is the Ambassador of India to Japan?
Source The Hindu