Madhya Pradesh is going to have its first Indo Tibetan Border Police weapon training centre at Batiagarh, Damoh. ITBP’s Weapon and Support Weapon Training Centre will be the first of its kind in the state and Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh has issued orders to set up in Damoh,” Patel told reporters yesterday in the presence of MP finance minister Jayant Mallaiya.
The newly recruited constables of ITBP will be given training at the center for operating all kinds of small and big weapons including cannons capable of firing up to 5-km range and sten guns. A similar training center is already operational in Allahabad.
Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP):
Indo-Tibetan Border Police is one of the five Central Armed Police Forces of India, raised on 24 October 1962, under the CRPF Act, in the wake of the Sino-Indian War of 1962. The ITBP was intended for deployment along India’s border with Chinese-occupied Tibet.
In September, 1996, the Parliament of India enacted the “Indo-Tibetan Border Police Force Act, 1992” to “provide for the constitution and regulation” of the ITBP “for ensuring the security of the borders of India and for matters connected therewith”. The first head of the ITBP, designated Inspector General, was Balbir Singh, a police officer previously belonging to the Intelligence Bureau. The ITBP, which started with 4 battalions, has since restructuring in 1978 has undergone expansion to a force of 45 battalions with 4 more being raised as of 2013
M S Rawat, Inspector General of Indo-Tibetan Border Police
- The center will be set up with an estimated cost of Rs Rs 2,100 crore in an area spreading across 1,800 acres between Batigarh and Fatehgarh.
- Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chauhan.
- Madhya Pradesh Governor Ram Naresh Yadav.
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh.
So lets do:
- Who is the Chief Minister of Madhya Pradesh?
- Who is the Union Home Minister of India?
- _________is going to have its first Indo Tibetan Border Police weapon training centre at Batiagarh, Damoh?
Source – Economic Times