The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given its approval for a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between India and Bahrain on cooperation for prevention of human trafficking especially trafficking in women and children; rescue, recovery, repatriation and re-integration of victims of trafficking.
This MoU will strengthen the bonds of friendship between the two countries and increase the bilateral cooperation on the issues of prevention, rescue, recovery and repatriation related to human trafficking especially women and children expeditiously.
The MoU is expected to be signed during the Home Ministers upcoming visit to Bahrain in the first week of April 2016.
Salient features of the Memorandum of Understanding between India and Kingdom of Bahrain:
- Strengthen cooperation to prevent to all forms of humantrafficking, especially that of women and children and ensurespeedy investigation and prosecution of traffickers and organizedcrime syndicates in either country.
- Taking preventive measures that would eliminate humantrafficking in women and children and in protecting the rights off victims of trafficking.
- Anti-trafficking Cells and Task Force will work on both sides toprevent human trafficking.
- Police and other concerned authorities will work in closecooperation and exchange information which can be used to interdict human traffickers,
- Repatriation of victims would be done as expeditiously aspossible and home country will undertake the safe and effective re-integration of the victims,
- A Joint Task Force with representatives from both sides would beconstituted to monitor the working of the MoU.
- Bahrain, a nation comprising more than 30 islands in the Persian (Arabian) Gulf, has been at the center of major trade routes since antiquity.
- In its modern capital, Manama, the acclaimed Bahrain National Museum showcases artifacts from the ancient Dilmun civilization that flourished in the region for millennia.
- Bahrain is currency Bahraini dinar
So lets do:
- Where is the Capiital of Bahrain?
- Who is the Home Minister of India?
Source – Pib new