Delhi government has passed a proposal to build a memorial for late President APJ Abdul Kalam at Dilli Haat, south Delhi. This memorial will include the notes, books, clothes and other personal items of the former president, will be opened to the public on July 27 Kalam’s death anniversary.
Government of Delhi had constituted a team to safely bring Kalam’s belongings back from Rameswaram. They were sent to his family members in Rameshwaram when the bungalow was allotted to Union Tourism and Culture Minister Mahesh Sharma.
About Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam:
Bharat Ratna Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam, generally known as Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam, was the 11th President of India (2002-07). He was elected against Lakshmi Sehgal in 2002, By profession he was a scientist and an administrator in India. He worked with Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and Defense Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) as an aerospace engineer before becoming the President of India. His work on the development of launch vehicle and ballistic missile technology had earned him the name of the ‘Missile Man of India’. The Pokhran-II nuclear tests conducted in India in 1998 after the age-long original nuclear test of 1974 saw him in a pivotal political, organisational and technical role.
- Dilli Haat is an open-air food plaza and cradia, and from a variety of cultural traditions of India. Unlike the traditional weekly market, the village Haat, Dilli Haat is permanent.
- Union Tourism and Culture Minister – Mahesh Sharma.
- Delhi chief minister – arvind kejriwal
- Lieutenant Governor of Delhi – Najeeb Jung
- Avinash Chander DRDO chairman -Avinash Chander
- Development Organisation (DRDO)
So lets do:
- Expand the DRDO?
- Who is the DRDO chairman?
- Memorial for Abdul Kalam to be opened at ______.
- In which year abdul kalam got bharat ratna?
- Who is the Union Minister of Tourism and Culture?
Source – The Hindu