Mizoram has become the 27th State to join the Ujwal DISCOM Assurance Yojana (UDAY).
As per the official statement, Mizoram signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) under the scheme on March 31 for operational improvement of the State’s Power Distribution Department.
According to government estimates, the State will derive an overall net benefit of approximately Rs. 198 crore by opting to participate in UDAY, by way of cheaper funds, reduction in AT&C and transmission losses.
Kerala, Tripura and Arunachal Pradesh have also recently joined the Centre’s power distribution company debt relief scheme, Ujjwal Discom Assurance Yojna (UDAY).
Takeaways from above News-
- Full form of UDAY is Ujwal DISCOM Assurance Yojana
- Mizoram has become the 27th State to join UDAY
- First state to join UDAY scheme was Andhra Pradesh
- UDAY was launched in November 2015
- Kerala, Tripura and Arunachal Pradesh have recently joined UDAY.
If you have any other takeaways, do share with us in the comment section
Source- Business Line