Morroco & India signed an agreement to further mutual legal assistance in Civil & Commercial Courts. Union Minister of Law & Justice and Electronics & IT, Sh. Ravi Shankar Prasad and his Moroccan Counterpart Mr Mohammed Auajjar, Minister of Justice were present on the occasion.
The agreement will enhance co-operation in the service of summons, judicial documents, letters of request and the execution of judgments decrees and arbitral awards.
Some of the salient features of the proposed agreement are:-
- Service of summons and other judicial documents or processes;
- taking of evidence in civil matters;
- production, identification or examination of documents, recordings;
- The execution of a Letter of Request for taking of evidence in civil matters;
- Recognition and enforcement of arbitral awards.
Source: Press Information Bureau (PIB)