The Nobel Peace Prize awardee Mother Teresa now has been conferred with the UK’s prestigious Founders Award this year. The award is given to recognize and reward exemplary achievements of people within the global Asian community.
The award was received by Agi Bojazhiu, who is the only living relative of Mother Teresa. Presently Agi is 72 year old and the niece of Mother Teresa.
The Founders award is to recognize and reward exemplary achievement within the global Asian community across 14 categories that include business, philanthropy, entertainment, culture and sport. It is the the part of Asian Award. The award was launched in 2010 by Paul Sagoo, entrepreneur and founder of the Lemon group.
Teresa, who died in 1997 at Kolkata, have spent more than 45 year of her life as serving the poor, the sick and the orphaned. She will be made a saint on September 4, 2016.
Extra Info : Other recipients of the awards are
- Outstanding achievement in Community Service award : Rami Ranger, NRI entrepreneur and philanthropist. He has contributed £1,00,000 for the Mahatma Gandhi statue.
- Business Leader of the Year award : Sri Prakash Lohia, Chairman and co-founder of Indorama Corporation.
- Outstanding Achievement in Television’ award : Kunal Nayyar, actor from the hit American comedy series The Big Bang Theory.
- Outstanding Achievement in Cinema award : Oscar and BAFT-winning documentary-maker Asif Kapadia.
- Outstanding Achievement in Sports award : Tottenham Hotspurs football star Son Heung-Min of South Korea.
- Entrepreneur of the Year award : Anil Agrawal, founder and Executive Chairman of the metal and mining company, Vedanta Resources Corporation.
- Outstanding achievement in science and technology award : Shuji Nakamura, inventor of the blue LED.
- Social Entrepreneur of the Year award : Vikram Patel, leading mental health researcher of India.
So lets discuss some questions related to this post :
1. Mother Teresa has been conferred with which awards in UK recently ?
2. Who has received the award on behalf of Mother Teresa ?
3. Name the person who has been awarded with the outstanding achievement in community service ?
Courtesy : The Hindu