Union Cabinet, chaired by the Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi, was apprised about the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between India and Bangladesh in September, 2011 on bilateral cooperation in the field of Fisheries and aquaculture and allied activities.
The MoU has cemented the friendly relations between India and Bangladesh and promote development of cooperation in fisheries and aquaculture and allied sectors through mutually agreed activities and procedures.
The MoU will remain in force for a period of five years unless either of the Parties give prior written notice of at least six months in advance to the other Party of its intention to terminate the MoU. This MoU could be extended for further period as may be mutually agreed upon.
1. Bangladesh, east of India on the Bay of Bengal, is South Asian country of lush greenery and many waterways. Its Padma (Ganges), Meghna and Jamuna rivers create fertile alluvial plains, and travel by boat is common. On the southern coast, the Sundarbans, an enormous mangrove forest shared with India, are home to the Royal Bengal tiger.
2. Bangladesh Capital: Dhaka
3. Bangladesh Currency: Taka
4. Bangladesh Prime minister : Sheikh Hasina
So lets do:
1. Who is the prime minister of Bangladesh?
2. India recently signed agreement an to which country on bilateral cooperation in the field of Fisheries and aquaculture and allied activities?
Source – The hindu