J P Nadda, Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare launched two major Digital initiatives to provide easy access to health services to the public: GIS-enabled HMIS application and the self-printing of e-CGHS cards, in New Delhi.
Launching these initiatives of the Health Ministry, the Union Minister stated that the Health Ministry remains committed to strengthening public health systems and providing user-friendly health services in the country. He further stated that that this will provide a tremendous opportunity to further strengthen and enhance the reach of key interventions.
- GIS-enabled HMIS services will provide comprehensive data on a GIS platform on 1.6 lakh Government Health facilities spread across the country. The project has been developed with the objective of enabling the effective usage of the HMIS application, enhancing analytical capabilities of States/UTs and providing a geographical display of HMIS data using GIS.
- Health Management Information System (HMIS) is a web-based monitoring system that has been put in place by the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoHFW) to monitor its health programmes and provide key inputs for policy formulation and interventions.
- Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare – J P Nadda
So lets do:
- Who is the Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare?
- _______ launches GIS-enabled HMIS application.
Source – The Hindu