The Nagaland Information Commission (NIC) has been rated as “one of the best” Commissions in the entire country. This was revealed by Nagaland Chief Information Commissioner, Bukchem Phom while addressing the decade celebration of RTI Act in the state on the theme RTI: Trust Through Transparency in Kohima.
- RTI : The Right to Information Act (RTI) is an Act of the Parliament of India “to provide for setting out the practical regime of right to information for citizens” and replaces the erstwhile Freedom of information Act, 2002. The Act applies to all States and Union Territories of India except Jammu & Kashmir.
- RTI Act was passed in 2005 by the UPA government.
- During the decadal celebration, Nagaland CII informed that only 7% of the Right To Information applications are rejected in Nagaland making it one of the best in the whole country
- Buckchem Phom revealed that the theme of Confederation of Indian Industry(CII) in Nagaland was Trust operating through Transparency.
- In which year RTI Act was passed?
- Who is the Chief Information Commissioner of Nagaland?
- Kohima is the capital of which state?
- Who is the Chief minister of Nagaland?