Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched the Gramodaya se Bharatodaya Abhiyan (village self-governance) campaign on the occasion of the 125th birth anniversary of Dr BR Ambedkar. The main aim of the Campaigned is to spread awareness about the various schemes that the Centre has launched keeping rural India in mind.
The campaign include a ‘social harmony programme’ from 14 to 16 April under which villagers would pay tribute to Ambedkar and resolve to strengthen social harmony. Besides, ‘Village Farmer Assemblies’ would also be organised from 17-20 April to promote agriculture by providing information to farmers about various schemes of the government such as Fasal Bima Yojana and Soil Health Card scheme.
On 19 April, a national meeting focusing on Panchayat and tribal development will be held at Vijaywada, while gram sabha meetings will be held from 21-24 April across the country. PM modi said While addressing a gathering at Ambedkar’s birthplace Mhow in Madhya Pradesh.
Prime minister also announced that 18,000 villages that do not have access to power will be electrified in 1,000 days, or even earlier. He also noted that optical fibre lines were being put in place in 2.5 lakh villages to ensure digital connectivity, and that the government has resolved to double farmers’ income by 2022.
Panchayat level programmes are:
1. Social Harmony Programme: 14 to 16 April 2016
On the occasion of the 125th Birth Anniversary of Dr. BR Ambedkar, in all Gram Panchayats, people will pay homage to Dr. Ambedkar and villagers will resolve to strengthen social harmony in the village. Dr. Ambedkar’s life and his views about National unity will be discussed, and literature regarding Dr. Ambedkar will be distributed. On this day, information about the schemes run by the government to promote social equity will be given. Exhibitions will also be organized.
2. Gram Kisan Sabha from 17 to 20 April 2016
Meeting of farmers will be organized in every Gram Panchayat. Information regarding schemes in the agriculture sector will be given in the farmers’ meetings. Suggestions to improve agriculture will be invited from farmers.
3. Gram Sabha or Village Assembly from 21 to 24 April 2016
To celebrate the National Panchayati Raj Day, Gram Sabhas will be held in each Gram Panchayat on any day between these four days.
4. As preparatory activities, the following would be undertaken:
Clean Drinking Water and Sanitation Campaign
Following matters would be considered in the Gram Sabhas:
1. Gram Panchayat Development Plan for local economic development.
2. Proper utilization of funds by Panchayats.
3. Safe drinking water and sanitation.
4. The role of women in rural development.
5. Social inclusion including welfare of Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, persons with disabilities and other marginalized groups
1. Union rural development minister chaudhary – Birender singh
2. Madhya Pradesh chief minister – Shivraj Singh Chouhan
3. Madhya Pradesh Governor – Ram Naresh Yadav
So lets do:
1. Who is the chief minister of Madhya Pradesh?
2. Who is the Madhya Pradesh Governor ?
3. Name the Campaign which recently launched by PM in Madhya pardesh?
Source – The Hindu