Uttar Pradesh government directive has made it mandatory for primary school students to sing the national anthem, ‘Jana Gana Mana’, every day.The directive also states that primary schools must run 200 days a year, while higher secondary schools must run 220 days a year. Furthermore, schools must observe ‘swachhata diwas’ (Cleanliness Day) every Wednesday, according to the same.
According to a state government directive, the singing of the national anthem, written by Nobel laureate Rabindranath Tagore, has been made mandatory in basic education schools.Also, in the new academic calendar for the new session, issued by secretary (Basic Education), it has also been said that on every Wednesday, schools will have to observe ‘swachhata diwas’ (Cleanliness Day).
Jana Gana Mana:
Jana Gana Mana is the national anthem of India. Written in Bengali, the first of five stanzas of the Brahmo hymn titled Bharoto Bhagyo Bidhata attributed to Nobel laureate Rabindranath Tagore. Underlying message of the Jana Gana Mana is pluralism. It was adopted in its Hindi version by the Constituent Assembly as the National Anthem of India on 24 January 1950. It was first sung on 27 December 1911 at the Calcutta (now, Kolkata) Session of the Indian National Congress. A formal rendition of the national anthem takes fifty-two seconds. A shortened version consisting of the first and last lines (and taking about 20 seconds to play) is also staged occasionally. An earlier poem by Tagore (Amar Sonar Bangla) was later selected as the national anthem of Bangladesh.
- A sports period has also been made mandatory for the first four working days, while Scout and Guide programme would be undertaken on the two remaining weekdays. An official told IANS that the state government also aims at promoting other extra-curricular activities like debates, painting, antakshari and others.
- Uttar Pradesh Governor Ram Naik
- Chief Minister of Uttar Pardesh – Akhilesh Yadav
So lets do:
- Which state announced National anthem singing made mandatory in schools?
- Who is the Governor of Uttar Pardesh?
Source – The Hindu